How to setup a custom scan that will scan only one single folder in Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 12.1?
|Article:HOWTO59048|||||Created: 2011-08-25|||||Updated: 2012-07-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO59048|
It is not possible to setup a custom scan through the Antivirus and Antispyware Policy in SEP Manager Console that will scan only one single folder as it offers only a common system locations.
It is possible to setup a custom scan that will scan one single folder only locally, on client machine through the SEP graphic user interface (GUI).
1. Open SEP client GUI,
2. Click on “Scan for threats”,
3. Click on “Create a New Scan”,
4. Check “Custom Scan” radio button and click “Next”,
5. Browse to folder you would like to be scanned and select it,
6. Click “Next”,
7. On the “Scan Options” window if needed choose additional scan options and click “Next”
(Note. If a memory scan is not needed, deselect Scan Enhancement options),
8. On the “When to Scan” window choose how and when scan should be triggered and click “Next”,
9. If on previous window “At specified times” option will be selected, setup a schedule for the scan and click “Next”,
10. On the “Scan Name” window in the “Scan Name” field write name for the scan and click “Finish”.
This apply for both self-managed and managed SEP clients.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO59048