Registering new Scanners with SRAS
|Article:HOWTO61258|||||Created: 2011-12-12|||||Updated: 2011-12-12|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO61258|
1. Open a command prompt as Administrator.
2. Change to appropriate directory for the scanner that you wish to register. (C:\Program Files(x86)\Risk Automation Suite\SFNetDiscovery (or SFHostDiscovery, SFOSDiscovery, SFIntrospect) and enter scanner name -s example "sfintrospect -s"
3. For authentication, you may use any SRAS account with "add scanner' role assigned to it.
4. You must type "yes" and press enter to restart the service
5 You must now activate the newly registered scanner within the SRAS WebUI.
6. log into the WEB UI portal and navigate to "Portal Administration-->Scanner Management"
7. Click "Activate on the far right for each registered scanner that you wish to activate.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO61258