How do I create a new Group with a Group Key?
|Article:HOWTO61277|||||Created: 2011-12-13|||||Updated: 2011-12-13|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO61277|
Creating a New Group with a Group Key
To create a new group with a group key
- Log in to the PGP Universal Server admin interface.
- On the Groups page, click Add Group. The Groups Settings: Add Group page appears.
- On the General subtab, type in a Group Name and Description.
- To apply a consumer policy to members of this group, select Apply Consumer Policy to members of this group, and choose a consumer policy from the drop-down menu.
- To add a group key to this group, click Generate to create a new group key or Import to import an existing keypair as the group key.
When you click Generate, a new group key will be created using the current default settings for a group key.
When you click Import, the Import Key page appears. Select a key file or paste a key block, enter the passphrase of the private key, then click Import.
- On the Membership subtab, enable Match Consumers Via Directory Synchronization.
- For LDAP Directory, select the appropriate LDAP directory from the drop-down menu.
- Select If all of the following apply, then enter "memberOf" without the quotes in the Attribute field. In the Value field, check Regular Expression, then enter the Distinguished Name (DN) of the appropriate Active Directory security group.
- Click Save to create the group.
Note: To quickly create a new group from an Active Directory security group with an automatically generated group key, go to Keys > Managed Keys, click on the Generate AD Group Keys button, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO61277