This production installation option installs only the Tomcat component. You can use this option to point multiple Tomcat servers to a single management server database on a dedicated system. The Tomcat only option is useful if you want to create a set of identical Tomcat servers for load balancing or failover.
The Tomcat only option requires that you provide the file path to the following files from an installed management server:
· server.xml file
These files are located in the default management server installation directory: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Critical System Protection\Server
Note: If the management server database is on a Tomcat system instead of a dedicated system, you must specify the real IP (not localhost) for the initial installation.
To install Tomcat component only
1. Insert and display the installation CD, and then double-click server.exe.
2. In the Welcome panel, click Next.
3. In the License Agreement panel, select I accept the terms in the licenseagreement, and then click Next.
4. In the Installation Type panel, click Production Installation, click InstallTomcat component ONLY.
5. In the Installation Type panel, specify the file paths to server.xml andserver-cert.ssl from an installed management server, and then click Next.
6. In the Destination Folder panel, change the folder if necessary, and thenclick Next.
The directory name must contain printable ASCII characters only. Multibyte,double-byte, hi-ASCII and non-printable ASCII characters are not supported.
7. In the Service User Configuration panel, do one of the following:
Click Use Local System Account, and then click Next.
Click Use an alternate Account, type a user name in the Username box using <domain>\<username> format, type the same password in the Password boxes, and then click Next.
8. In the Ready to Install the Program panel, click Install.
9. When the InstallShield Wizard Completed panel appears, click Finish.