Notification Server (6) Version Analyzer 1.2
|Article:HOWTO6646|||||Created: 2007-02-06|||||Updated: 2009-08-31|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO6646|
How can I determine which product versions were installed on an Notification Server database? How can I compare version data across multiple Notification Servers?
Update: A NS report equivalent of this tool has been created on the Altiris Juice site. The report pack is more appropriate for maintenance purposes, as opposed to this tool which is primarily intended for troubleshooting. The report pack can be found here:
The Notification Server version analyzer has been created to:
- Allow support staff to easily identify which products and versions have been installed on a customer's database.
- Provide a mechanism for comparing production and lab servers.
- Provide a mechanism for comparing production and disaster recovery standby servers.
- Provide a mechanism to ensure all servers have the same products installed, and the same production versions.
The tool is available as an attachment (far-right side) on this article.
This application performs no modification of existing server data. It performs read operations on the Notification Server database, and the registry. The only write operation performed is in the form of an xml document, which may be saved to any available filesystem.
Usage (Single Server)
- Copy the executable (NSVersionAnalyzer.exe) to the first Notification Server. This server will act as the "Reference server", meaning that any additional servers will be compared to this one.
Important: Installer data is retrieved from the local registry, and is only valid if run directly on the target Notification Server host. Database version information is retrievable from any host that can communicate with the SQL server.
- Launch the executable
- If necessary, enter the SQL password.
Note: All other settings should be pulled from the NS configuration, but correct the SQL configuration settings if necessary.
- Click the Get Version Data button
- When prompted, enter some text to identify the server (not required to match the server name)
- Review the collected version data from the Database tab. This information reflects an estimate from the database as to which Altiris Notification Server products have been installed.
- Review the collected version data from the Installer tab. This information reflects the currently installed MSI packages. This information is considered more accurate than the database. If a new database is declared via the Notification Server Setup wizard, then these versions would be used in the new database. Also, Installer version data is used to populate the Solution Center configuration page in the Notification Server console.
Note: Database info reflects a grouping of packages, those individual packages are listed in the Installer registry.
- Select File > Save As.
- Save the XML file for later usage.
To analyze additional servers:
- Perform the steps provided in "Usage (Single Server)" from above to define the "reference server"
- Copy the executable and the XML file to the file system on another Notification Server.
- Launch the executable
- Select File > Open and open the XML file from the previous section. Any previously collected data will be reflected on the updated radio button text, and on the version tabs
- Click on the next available radio button, as depicted below:
- When prompted, enter some text to identify the next server (not required to match the server name)
- Review the collected version data from the Database and Installer tabs. Any server data that doesn't match the reference server will be highlighted in red.
- Select File > Save As.
- Save the XML file for later usage
- To analyze additional servers, repeat this section for up to 4 additional servers.
- Possibly add original installation date and last MSI repair date.
- Solutions with different GUIDs, but different names are not grouped together. There are at least four packages with the same product name, that aren't the same product and can be simultaneously installed. Grouping by product name will cause inaccurate data to be displayed.
- Contains fix for duplicate column style error when re-opening the same project file.
- Contains protection when user attempts to use a duplicate servername for comparision.
- Added HTML report generation.
- Added Product Name filter.
- No code changes, added terms and conditions.
- Fixed heading typo in HTML report. Second table should have read "Installer Versions", not "Database Versions".
- Added sorting to HTML output.
- Updated version number in About page.
- Added Download Page menu item to link to this article.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO6646