Permitting Guests to View All Incidents in Helpdesk
|Article:HOWTO6737|||||Created: 2007-02-15|||||Updated: 2007-02-21|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO6737|
How does one permit the Altiris Guests role to view all incidents in Helpdesk?
Only workers in Helpdesk are able to view incidents and permissions can be set so that viewing is the only operation allowed. To allow workers to only view incidents follow these steps:
1. In the Altiris Console, click the Configuration tab, then drill into Configuration > Server Settings >Notification Server Settings >Security Roles >Altiris Guests.
2. Select the Privileges tab for Altiris Guests
3. Under Altiris Console Privileges, mark the View Incidents Tab checkbox.
4. Under Incident Privileges, mark the View Incidents checkbox.
5. Click Apply on the Altiris Guests security role
6. On the server running Helpdesk, right click on My Computer and select Manage. The Computer Management dialog opens.
7. Go to Local Users and Groups .> Groups
8. Right click and select Add to Group... The Altiris Guest Properties dialog opens.
9. Click Add. The Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog appears.
10. Add the groups which should be granted the Altiris Guest security role.
11. Apply changes to the Altiris Guests local group and close Computer Management
CAUTION: If you select Domain Users to add to this group, any user on the domain will be able to view all incidents.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO6737