How can I reduce the size of Software Inventory for Unix?
|Article:HOWTO6787|||||Created: 2007-02-22|||||Updated: 2012-01-30|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO6787|
How can I reduce the functionality of Software Inventory for Unix?
As of version 6.2, the only way to reduce the size of software inventory for Unix/Linux is:
- Add paths to the "ignore these directories" in the Inventory Agent Configuration settings;
- Add file systems to the "File systems not permitted in Scan" settings the Inventory Agent Configuration settings
- Modify the settings for "Max directories in recursion" and "Max subitems in directory" and directories to include the Inventory Agent
- Ensure that the option "Show only products Found" is checked the Inventory Agent Configuration settings.
- Remove entries from the filescan.rule file
Additional functionality may be forthcoming in version 7.0.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO6787