Swedish Language update for Helpdesk
|Article:HOWTO7014|||||Created: 2007-03-21|||||Updated: 2007-04-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO7014|
With the new release of the Danish language support for the Helpdesk, how is it added after the Helpdesk software is already installed and running?
Download the file attached to this article, Helpdesk_Swedish.zip.
- Helpdesk Solution 6.0.297
- Notification Server 6.0.6074
There are two methods for installation:
- Automated Script: Use the Install.cmd located in the root of the extracted folder for an automated installation of the update. This runs the installation automatically and requires no user intervention.
- Manual installation: For a manual installation disregard the Install.cmd, registryaccesser.exe, and GACinstaller.exe files, and follow the manual installation instructions:
- Locate your Installation folder. Depending on your version of Windows and custom install preferences, your Altiris Installation folder may differ. For the instructions below, it is assumed that the folder is found in C:\Program Files\Altiris. If yours is not found there, you will need to find your location and adjust the below instructions to fit your situation.
- In the extracted ZIP file there are two folders with files that need to be installed in different ways.
- DLLs Folder. The DLLs folder contains the .dll that needs to be copied into the Helpdesk folder. First, the Language folder needs to be created, so in the Altiris installation folder go into Helpdesk\AeXHD\bin (most likely located at C:\Program Files\Altiris\Helpdesk\AeXHD\bin) and create a new folder. Rename the folder to the language you are installing; Swedish = 'sv'. Now copy the .dll in the DLLs folder into the renamed folder (it is named Altiris.Helpdesk.Resources.resources.dll).
- Config Folder. Within the config folder there are three files that need to be copied into the Helpdesk folder. In your Altiris installation folder, go into Helpdesk\config\Helpdesk (most likely located ate C:\Program Files\Altiris\Helpdesk\config\Helpdesk). Copy the three config files in the Config folder into this directory (config files are named HelpdeskSolutionLANGUAGE.config, ItemStrings-xx.config, and miscstrings-xx.config, where xx is the culture and LANGUAGE is the actual language name).
cd\ - returns to c:\ prompt
cd program files - changes to the "Program Files" directory
cd altiris - changes to the "altiris" directory
cd bin - changes to the "bin" directory
AeXConfig /configure "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Helpdesk\config\Helpdesk\HelpdeskSolutionSwedish.config"
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO7014