How can I add permissions to manage Barcode Download Profiles to a Security Role?
|Article:HOWTO7041|||||Created: 2007-03-23|||||Updated: 2007-03-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO7041|
By default, the Barcode User Security Role cannot manage the Barcode Download Profiles. How can I add permissions to manage Download Profiles to a Security Role?
In this example we will create a role titled "Barcode Manager" that can perform the Barcode User functions and also manage the Download Profiles. To do this, perform the following steps in the Altiris Console:
- Go to the Configuration tab > Server Settings > Notification Server Settings > Security Roles.
- Right-click the Barcode User role and click Clone.
- Name the new Security Role "Barcode Manager" (without the quotes).
- Go to the General tab of the Barcode Manager role.
- Click the Show Security Role Manager Console button and wait for the Security Role Manager console to load.
- In the left-hand pane, select the Download Profiles folder under Solutions Settings > Assets and Inventory > Barcode Solution.
- In the right-hand pane, go to the Altiris System Permissions under the Noninherited section.
- Check the Write check box.
- Click the Apply button.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO7041