Creating an Intel SCS Service (AMTConfig) log - How to enable Logging
|Article:HOWTO7236|||||Created: 2007-04-23|||||Updated: 2012-01-19|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO7236|
The debug log of the SCS service and the SOAP API web service components is turned off by default, which means that the log files (scs_win_server.log, scs_server.log) will not be created.
Turn on debug log – Create the following registry key on the service’s machine:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\AMTConfServer\Log\LogLevel – Optional values ‘V’ for verbose, ‘W’ for warnings and errors, ‘E’ for only errors.
If the above registry key is not created then the debug insertion is turn off.
Set log file name -
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\AMTConfServer\LogFile – full path of the web service’s log file (including extension).
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\AMTConfServer\LogServerFile – full path of the SCS service’s log file (including extension).
- After changing the registry settings the AMTConfig service must be restarted for reading the new settings.
- Second, it might be a problem of insufficient writing privileges to the folder specified at the registry (try C:\xxx.log).
- Nevertheless, the following registry settings causes the SCS service to use its defaults (C:\\scs_server.log):
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO7236