Creating Overdue Incident Notification Policy
|Article:HOWTO7371|||||Created: 2007-05-18|||||Updated: 2007-05-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO7371|
How can I create a notification policy that will send a email to an Assigned worker of an incident that is overdue?
To create a Notification Policy that sends emails for overdue incidents to the Assigned worker here is what you need to do:
- Create a New Notification Policy
- For Source you will want to write a query that returns overdue incidents. Here is an example query:
where workitem_status_lookup_id <> 600 and workitem_is_scheduled = 1 and workitem_due_on < getdate()
- Under Automated Actions section you will want to add an Email Automated Action.
- In the email Automated Action, you will need to enable it and name it so that you know what it is doing.
- For the Execute you want to select the radio button Once Per Row.
- In setting up the rest of the email you will use Data Source Parameters (%DS:<column_name>%) to fill in dynamic data.
Here are some examples:
To address: %DS:assigned_to_worker_email%
Message: %DS:assigned_to_worker_name%, %DS:workitem_title%
If you need more help with using and understanding Data Source Parameters (%DS:<column_name>%),see article 34996.
Attached is an example of a Notification Policy that will send the emails out. The file that is attached is Updated Overdue Inicident.xml.
Important: This information has been supplied as is and is not supported by Altiris Support Services. If you are needing a more advanced customized policy, you will need to contact Altiris Professional Services.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO7371