What are the recommended steps to repair Asset Management Solution 6.5?
|Article:HOWTO7433|||||Created: 2007-05-30|||||Updated: 2011-01-11|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO7433|
What are the recommended steps to repair Asset Solution 6.5?
The information in this article only applies to Asset Management Solution 6.5. The recommended steps are as follows:
- Either run the following steps physically logged on to the server or, if using RDP to connect remotely, ensure that you are connected to the Terminal Services Session 0, using 'mstsc.exe /console'.
- Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Find and select Altiris Asset Management Solution.
- Click the Change button.
- Click either the Repair or Modify option as instructed by Support, then click Next > Next.
- Wait for the installation process to completely finish and exit.
- Repair the Asset Management Solution 6.5 hotfix KB43647 if it was installed before the repair.
- Review the Related Articles section of this article, found at the bottom of the right-hand pane, for important workarounds which need to be re-applied after following these steps.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO7433