How to create backup of a stored procedure for MS SQL Server 2008 database.
|Article:HOWTO74417|||||Created: 2012-03-06|||||Updated: 2012-03-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO74417|
Before making a change to a stored procedure please use the following steps to get a backup copy of the code.
In all cases, it is recommended to have a FULL backup of your DB.
1. Run SQL management Stuido > connect DB instance & Right Click DB
2. Select Tasks > Generate Scripts
This launches Generate SQL Script Wizard launches.
3. Select DB & Continue to the next screen
4. Select Store Procedures
5. From the list, select the stored procedure you require a backup.
6. select Script to new query window
7. Copy the code
8. To re-create this stored procedure simply replace the line
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[spEXAMPLE] with ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[spEXAMPLE]
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO74417