Enterprise Vault Exchange mailbox archiving reports
|Article:HOWTO77092|||||Created: 2012-06-01|||||Updated: 2013-01-21|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO77092|
Enterprise Vault 10.0.2 introduces automated reports for Exchange mailbox archiving. Exchange mailbox archiving tasks automatically generate a report for every archiving run. You can view the reports from the Reporting tab of each mailbox archiving task’s Properties page. This change enables you to see an up-to-date report of every mailbox archiving run. The report helps you to spot potential problems, organize workloads, and plan changes.
The main changes from earlier versions of Enterprise Vault are as follows:
- Previously Exchange archiving “report-only mode” runs showed what would be archived at a very basic level. This has been replaced by the much more detailed Exchange mailbox archiving report.
- All archiving runs now produce a report, not just report-only mode runs.
- Reports are produced in “Brief HTML”, “Full HTML” and CSV (Excel) formats.
- A progress report is viewable during the run.
- Reports are viewable and downloadable in a web browser from any machine by vault admin or Exchange admin roles. The relevant page is linked from the VAC and also from:
- Run start and end events are produced. End-run events include a summary of the run.
- A summary of the last completed run is shown on the archiving task properties.
For more information about Exchange mailbox archiving reports, see the section called “About Exchange mailbox archiving reports” in the Enterprise Vault Administrator's Guide.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO77092