How to move a case template from one appliance to another
|Article:HOWTO77753|||||Created: 2012-08-21|||||Updated: 2012-10-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO77753|
Case templates are very useful to have when there are settings that need to be applied to every case on a particular appliance. If you get a new appliance the case template can be copied from the original. This note explains how this can be achieved.
Example Originating Appliance: CW01
Example Destination Appliance CW02
Name of Example Case: "Acme-Standard"
- Physically login to CW01 (console or rdp session) as a local administrator:
- Launch a Windows Command Prompt (cmd).
- Type "cd" to the <cw_home> directory - this is typically "D:\CW\V50"
- Execute: b admin-client casemanager backupCase <template name> <backup name> (This creates a new backup to the designated backup directory)
- Robocopy the newly created case backup to the backup directory of CW01 to the backup directory of CW02
- Login to the Clearwell UI on CW02 as a System Manager
- Go to “Case Management” -> “System” -> “Cases” -> “Backups” tab
- The Backups list will contain the "Acme-Standard" backup template. Click the check box on the left of it and click the Restore button. When complete, click the "Cases" link to refresh the UI and click the Templates tab. The "Acme-Standard" template will be there with all the settings intact.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO77753