How to upload logs to Clearwell/Symantec support
|Article:HOWTO77764|||||Created: 2012-08-24|||||Updated: 2012-10-21|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO77764|
Below are the steps to upload the Clearwell logs to support
- Go To Case Management
- Go To Home Tab (for v5.5 and below, its 'System' tab)
- Expand the System Block (for v5.5 and below, its 'Additional Items')
- Click on Logs link.
From the Logs Screen
- Leave Appliance as default or if in cluster, select the one needing log review
- Enter File Name
- Date could be for the day or starting from date of issue
- Send To Clearwell via HTTPS (preferably)
- Hit Submit. The status of the job will show in your pickup window or job listing status.
If your Clearwell server does not have access to the Internet, or ftp access, please upload logs via our FTP server. The procedure below indicates the required process in order to do so:
- Navigate to Home > Logs.
- Use your support ticket number as the name of your logs.
- Select "Generate ZIP file to send manually" from the "How to Send" dropdown.
- The pickup window will spin, and once the logs have been gathered, it will stop. Navigate to the pickup window, click the yellow button under status, look for a location similar to this...
Send the file via FTP to the following site, using the following credentials:
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO77764