How to configure multiple Carbon Copy configurations
|Article:HOWTO7959|||||Created: 2007-09-06|||||Updated: 2008-06-10|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO7959|
I have different locations in my network environment which require different Carbon Copy configurations. How can I apply different Carbon Copy settings to a specific group of computers?
Carbon Copy settings are applied via Configuration Policies in Notification Server. You can have multiple Configuration Policies which apply to specific Computer Collections. These Configuration Policies are located in Configuration > Solutions Settings > Incident Management > Carbon Copy > Carbon Copy Agent Configuration.
- In Notification Server, create a custom Computer Collection for each group of computers which require separate Carbon Copy settings (ensure that there is no overlap, in that a computer is not a member of more than one of these collections).
- Disable the default Carbon Copy Configuration Policy (All Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 Computers).
- Right-click the default Carbon Copy Configuration Policy and choose Clone (name the cloned Configuration Policy appropriately for the collection it will apply to).
- Modify the Applied to Collections under the General tab of the cloned Policy to only include one of the custom Computer Collections.
- Once you've made the necessary changes to the cloned Policy, Enable it under the General tab.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO7959