How to disable Notes System Debugger nsd.exe from launching
|Article:HOWTO80620|||||Created: 2012-09-29|||||Updated: 2013-12-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO80620|
The presence of the Notes System Debugger (nsd.exe) is an indication that the Lotus Notes environment is in a bad state. This could cause NSF-related crawler/retriever issues. This Article addresses how to disable NSD from being launched.
Stop EsaNsfCrawlerService and EsaNsfRetrieverService services
- End "nsd.exe" Process
- End "notesmm.exe" Process
- Open up services.msc > View Properties of the following EsaNsfCrawlerService & EsaNsfRetrieverService
- Make note of the logon accounts used for each of these services
- Edit the notes.ini for the account identified in #4.
- For Windows 2008 Server, this is C:\Users\<account name>\AppData\Local\Lotus\Notes\Data'
- For Windows 2003 Server, this is C:\Documents and Settings\<account name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Lotus\Notes\Data
- At the end of the ini file, add the following:
- Ensure there is at least one blank line after this setting
- Start EsaNsfCrawlerService and EsaNsfRetrieverService services
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO80620