How to install the SCSP Management Server when the SQL Browser service is disabled for security reasons.
|Article:HOWTO82316|||||Created: 2012-11-13|||||Updated: 2012-11-26|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO82316|
1) In the install dialog, enter the hostname as Hostname, portnumber
2) Once you start the installation, pause the installer by pressing the cancel button when it’s extracting the JRE files (this is at the end of the extraction process)
Note: Do not respond to the resulting cancellation dialog box at this point.
3) Go to temp directory by typing %TEMP% in the run dialog box and locate the dbtableloader.txt file in the dbscripts folder. On the URL line, replace %DB_MACHINELOCATION% with HOSTNAME:PORTNUMBER:
4) Resume the installation by responding to the installation cancellation box from Step 2
5) After the Installation, edit the server.xml file in the c:\Program Files\Symantec\Critical System Protection\Server\tomcat folder.
6) Replace the two occurrences of “hostname,portnumber” with “hostname:portnumber:” i.e. Server01,23341 should be changed to Server01:23341:
7) Start SISManager service
A related Tech Note can be found at the following URL:
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH199641
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO82316