How to upload the log files to Symantec Emea FTP server
|Article:HOWTO82333|||||Created: 2012-11-18|||||Updated: 2013-09-04|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO82333|
This article describes how to use standard command line and GUI FTP client to upload the log files to Symantec Emea FTP Server.
1. In order to improve security and performance on the FTP server, the upload account's permission was restricted, user can NOT create folder (i.e. md, mkdir) and does NOT get LIST access (i.e. list,ls,dir) as well.
2. Any standard GUI based FTP client can be used, however most will error out initially since they will fail to get a directory listing. Simply ignore the error, manually enter the path, and then upload the content.
3. For the convenience of Technical Support Engineer to find the required log files easily, log file archives should be uploaded to the FTP server in the folder provided by the Technical Support Engineer (example /incoming/NNNNNNN , where NNNNNNNN is the Case Number)
4. FTP server ftpemea.symantec.com, User Name and password can be found in the following KB Tech66995 (http://www.symantec.com/docs/Tech66995)
5. In case that the uploading fails or encounters 'timed out', please try to divide the file into several parts with third party software like zip tool or file cutter, and compress each part individually. Then try to upload each part again.
1. Open a command prompt and navigate to the directory which you saved the log files there (Figure 1).
2. Input the following commands:
Password: M2E*qSI0dir (Memo: remember to check username and password in the following KB http://www.symantec.com/docs/tech66995 )
cd /incoming/NNNNNNN (Memo: NNNNNNN is the Case Number please remember the folder need to be created by the Technical Support Engineer first )
put Log_Files (Memo: Log_Files is the name of the file you want to upload to the Symantec Emea FTP Server)
Here is an example if you want to upload the logs.txt log file (Figure 2).
This guide gives you a short overview on how to upload the logs.txt log files to Symantec Emea FTP server using the FileZilla FTP Client.
1. Launch FTP Client, input ftpemea.symantec.com into the Host field ,put iosupport into Username field and put M2E*qSI0dir into Password field of the Quickconnect bar (Figure 3), press Enter to connect to Symantec Emea FTP server. (Memo: remember to check username and password in the following KB http://www.symantec.com/docs/tech66995 )
2. After a successful connection attempt, you may receive a warning "553 Sorry, your are not allowed to list any directory on this system", this is just a warning you may continue with manually input the Folder_Name "/incoming/NNNNNNN" into Remote site field and press Enter (Figure 4).(Memo: /incoming/NNNNNNN is the Case Number please remember the folder need to be created by the Technical Support Engineer first )
3. Locate the file that you wish to upload in the left window pane (the "Local Site" pane). You can upload a file by double-clicking on it. To transfer multiple log files, select them and right-click the selection, then you can click on Upload in the popup menu (Figure 5). You can also drag the files from one side and drop them on the other side.
***right click on any of the picture and "Show Picture" or "View Image" to see the NOT resized version***
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO82333