How to enable double click editing of assets in a custom report
|Article:HOWTO83282|||||Created: 2012-12-12|||||Updated: 2013-02-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83282|
When creating a custom report, by default this does not enable double clicking to edit any selected assets that are displayed on it. To add this functionality, add a drilldown to recognize and act on the double click action.
- In the Symantec Management Platform Console, click on the Reports button > Reports.
- Find and select the report to edit. Note: Only cloned or custom reports can be edited.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Click on the Drilldowns tab.
- Click on the Add button.
- In the Name field, type ShowEditPage. Note: After saving changes, the name of the drilldown is changed from "Action (#)" to the name specified in the Name field.
- In the Action Wireup section, in the Event field, choose Double-Click.
- In the Performs field, choose "Open a URL in a new Window".
- In the Open Url field, type:
- Click on the Set button.
- In the Passing Parameters section, click on the Add button.
- In the Passing Parameters window, in the "Pass from source" field, choose Data Field.
- In the drop-down list below "Pass from source", choose "_ItemGuid". Note: If _ItemGuid is not available, this has not been added to the SQL query or available fields of the custom report. This is required to be added first before the field is available for drilldowns. Refer to KB HOWTO83270 (listed below) for more information on how to use the _ItemGuid field with custom reports and drilldowns.
- In the Destination Parameter section, in the "Name at destination" field, type _ItemGuid.
- Click on the OK button.
- The new drilldown will now look like Figure 1, below:
Figure 1: Example drilldown set to enable double clicking
- Click on the Save Changes button. Double clicking on an asset will then open the edit page for it, just as out of box reports do.
How to use drop-down lists in a custom report
Creating and modifying custom Notification Server reports
Errors occur while editing a cloned or custom report
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83282