SMP 7.1 SP2 MP1 Point Fix for Auditpls
|Article:HOWTO83329|||||Created: 2012-12-20|||||Updated: 2012-12-21|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83329|
This point fix resolves the issue where auditpls.exe, part of Inventory Solution, crashes while reading information from SVS 2.x.
- Inventory Solution 7.1 SP2 MP1
How To Install This Point Fix on the Notification Server
- Copy ‘PF_ET3006365_Installer.zip’ file to the NS machine and uncompress it.
- 'cd' to the "ServerSide_Installer" folder.
- Run ‘Server_Installer.bat’ as Administrator
Note: The original binaries file is renamed as ‘Original_AeXAuditPls.exe’ and the new file is copied to: "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Inventory\Standalone\bin"
How To Install This Point Fix on Client Computers
- Copy the "ClientSide_Installer" from the uncompressed directory structure above, to the client machine using any desired method, including Software Delivery.
- Run ‘Client_Installer.bat’ as Administrator
Note: The original binary file is renamed as ‘Original_AeXAuditPls.exe’ and the new file is copied to one of the following locations:-
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Agents\Inventory Agent (if machine is 64bit)
- C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Agents\Inventory Agent (if machine is 32 bit)
How To Uninstall This Point Fix
Run the "Server_UnInstaller.bat" and "Client_UnInstaller.bat" files found within the uncompressed point fix directory structure.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83329