How to adjust scheduled enumeration of the Exchange information store with Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE) 7.0.1 and later.
|Article:HOWTO83772|||||Created: 2013-02-19|||||Updated: 2013-02-19|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83772|
By default SMSMSE rebuilds the list of mailboxes and public folders on an Exchange server every 24 hours (7.0.1 and later) or every 4 hours (7.0.0 and earlier). If an organization does not require the use of manual or scheduled scans, or would like to reduce or increase the frequency of information, a mechanism has been introduced to the 7.0.1 release to allow for adjustment of this schedule.
To change the enumeration schedule, or disable enumeration of the mailboxes:
- Open the regsitry editor (Start -> Run, regedit)
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432node\Symantec\SMSMSE\7.0\Server
- Locate the DWORD value called 'RefreshListTimeInMinutes'. The default value is 1440 (24 hours).
- Change the value to the desired interval (0 to disable enumeration).
- Restart the Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Service.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83772