How to check IIS 7 for HTTP Redirects
|Article:HOWTO83907|||||Created: 2013-03-07|||||Updated: 2013-03-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83907|
On a default installation of Symantec Management Platform, no HTTP redirects are configured within IIS. How can you easily search though all IIS .config files to determine if a redirect does exist?
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Highlight your server name from Connections tree view and open Configuration Editor from the main panel's features view.
- Within Configuration Editor, select Search Configuration from the Actions pane.
- In the search dialog box type in "redirect". The results will appear in the lower details section.
- If any redirects have been configured within the Altiris virtual directories, they must be removed for proper console rendering. The screenshot included in this article provides an example of an HTTP Redirect for the Altiris virtual directory that needs to be removed. To remove the HTTP Redirect, the resulting config file can be modified directly using a standard text file editor (such as notepad) or navigate through IIS manager to the specific site and launch HTTP Redirect from the features view in the main pane.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83907