Best Practices for Moving the SEEMSdb to a New Location
|Article:HOWTO83927|||||Created: 2013-03-14|||||Updated: 2013-03-14|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83927|
Best Practices for Moving the SEEMSdb to a New Location:
1) Take a Full Backup of the existing SEEMSdb.
2) Stop the Symantec Endpoint Encryption web services.
3) Open the SEEMS Configuration Manager and enter the new server location/name.
4) If necessary enter new credentials for the account used to access the db. This account should be a member of db_datareader and db_datawriter roles. The account should also have Connect and Execute permissions to the db.
5) Open the Registry Editor and navigate to the following key. Modify this entry to reflect the new server location in the format “server\instance”.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Encryption Anywhere Management Console\Framework\SQLServer
6) Restart the Symantec Endpoint Encryption web services.
7) To confirm that the SEE Management Server and Console are functioning as expected, open the SEE Management Console and verify computer information is present as expected and you’re able to run Reports.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83927