How do I move the Incidents database to another SQL server?
|Article:HOWTO8408|||||Created: 2007-12-18|||||Updated: 2007-12-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO8408|
How do I move my Incidents Database from one SQL server to a new SQL server?
Here are the steps you need to do:
1. Backup the Altiris Database and the Incidents database (From old server)
2. Restore the backups to the new SQL server.
(Reminder - The Altiris Database and Incident Database need to be on the same server)
3. In the Altiris Console, go to the Configuration Tab/Server Settings/Notification Server Settings/Database settings
4. Set the Server field to the the new SQL server name
5. Go to Configuration Tab/Server Settings/Notification Server Settings/Incident Settings
6. Set the Incident settings to the correct database and click apply
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO8408