Patch Management Task and Bulletin Cleanup
|Article:HOWTO8701|||||Created: 2008-03-14|||||Updated: 2012-10-03|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO8701|
How do I remove older security updates from Notification Server?
- Disable tasks for at least one full client configuration update cycle before proceeding, generally one day is sufficient.
- Disable the Bulletins: right-click the bulletin in the Manage Software Updates page and select Disable.
- Delete the physical files associated with the Bulletin: The files are located in the C:\Program Files\Altiris\Patch Management\Packages\Updates folder. (Note delete the entire folder and shared files within each folder.) View the list of security updates within the Bulletins: right click on each of the Bulletins in the Manage Software update grid and select the list updates option from the menu ( This list will be used in the next step).
- Delete the security updates software package information : From the NS console Go to Resource Management | Resources | Software Management | Software Patch Packages | Software Updates | Security Updates. Locate each of the Software Packages contained in the list from step 3. | Right click and delete the each software package contained in the list (Note multiple software packages can be deleted at the same time).
- Delete the Tasks that were previously disabled in step 1.
For SMP 7.0 version, please review KB HOWTO38239
If the following errors occur after this process run the files attached to article 20888:
The NS failed to refresh package snapshot.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO8701