How to Obtain the Installation Download for Clearwell eDiscovery
|Article:HOWTO94527|||||Created: 2013-12-11|||||Updated: 2013-12-11|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO94527|
New Software Builds / Service Packs are available via the Symantec FileConnect web site. Before proceeding to FileConnect to download the software package, obtain a serial number. Refer to the FAQ section for additional information.
- Using a web browser, access FileConnect at https://fileconnect.symantec.com.
Note: To change the language in which you are browsing, click Change Language.
- Enter your product serial number, and then click Submit Serial Number.
- Choose the language of the product.
- Select the file(s) to download, and then click Download Selected Files.
Note: The Download Manager allows you to queue and manage the download of multiple files, and requires Java. A Java applet manages the download process so that when one file completes its download, the next download in the queue begins. The applet also allows for the use of the "Resume Downloads" feature on the web site. You should install the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). For older versions of Java, the applet still allows the download, but a warning incorrectly appears stating that the site is not a trusted source due to a known issue with Verisign certificates. If Java is not installed for the current browser, the page redirects you to the Oracle website for download and installation.
- Click Browse to select a folder in which to save the selected file(s), and then click OK.
- This starts the download. Once completed, you can find the downloaded file(s) in the folder location you provided.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- What do I do if I cannot find my product on the Product Download page?
It is possible that the software is listed under a different name than you expected or that it is associated to a different serial number. If you still cannot find it, contact Customer Support.
- Where can I find my serial number?
You can find your serial number on the License Certificate you received with your initial purchase or on your Version Upgrade notification. Symantec Vouchers require registration via the Licensing Portal in order to receive a serial number. If you need help locating your serial number, please contact Customer Support.
- Where can I get older versions of the software?
You will receive access to the most recent version of the software at the time of purchase. If you are current on maintenance/support on the license, you will have access to upgrades to which you are entitled via your Version Upgrade serial number. Older versions than what you purchased may not be available. Refer to Symantec's End of Life Policy for more information on available of previous version products. For more information, please contact Customer Support.
- What if my download doesn't complete?
For a complete download, start the download again. If you have any problems, contact Customer Support.
- How long will my download take?
Your download time of the files depend on the size of the file, the speed of your connection, and the amount of traffic on the Internet. For approximate times, check the Estimated Times and Details of the file on the Product Download page.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO94527