Importing .MIB files on Symantec™ Management Platform 7.0
|Article:HOWTO9709|||||Created: 2009-01-28|||||Updated: 2009-01-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO9709|
How do I import .MIB files into the Symantec Management Platform?
The Symantec Management Platform includes two methods that you can use to import .MIB Files
Methods of Importing .MIB files
|Import using the MIB Import utility||You can manually import .MIB files one at a time using the MIB Import utility.|
|Import using a MIB import task||You can create and schedule a task that imports one or more .MIB files.|
- In the Symantec Management Console on the Settings menu, click All Settings.
- In the left pane click Settings > Monitoring and Alerting > SNMP MIB Import Browser > MIB Browser.
- On the top of the right pane, click Import MIB file.
- On the Import MIB File page, click Browse to browse to a .MIB file.
- Click Apply to import the .MIB file.
- You can import any additional .MIB files that you require.
- Click Cancel to close the Import MIB File page.
- In the Symantec Management Console on the Manage menu, click Jobs and Tasks.
- Click Create New Job and Task.
- In the Create New Task dialog box, in the left pane click, Monitoring and Alerting > MIB Import.
- Name the task.
- Use MIB file upload to browse to a MIB file.
- Select one of the two import options. You can choose to either import the single MIB file, or you can choose to import additional MIB files that are stored at the directory location.
- Click Upload. to upload the .MIB file into the import task.
- A confirmation message saying: The MIB file has been successfully uploaded should be displayed.
- If you chose to import multiple .MIB files, then continue to browse to and upload each .MIB file that you require into the task.
- Click OK.
- Select the new MIB import task.
By default, the new MIB import task is stored at: System Jobs and Tasks > Notification Server.
- Schedule the new MIB import task to run by using the task scheduling utility.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO9709