How to install Content Licensing for your Symantec product
|Article:TECH100383|||||Created: 2003-01-01|||||Updated: 2007-01-24|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH100383|
This document describes how to obtain and install a license (.slf) file for a Symantec product, such as Symantec Client Security 1.1.
Before you begin: For help with licensing for Symantec Client Security 2.0 Small Business Edition or Symantec AntiVirus 9.0 Small Business Edition, use the document Allocating or changing the number of license seats in a server group for Symantec Client Security 2.0 Small Business Edition and Symantec AntiVirus 9.0 Small Business Edition.
To obtain a license (.slf) file from Symantec
- Register your product at the Symantec Enterprise Licensing and Registration page, or renew your existing license at the Maintenance Renewal page. Symantec will send your license file as an email attachment.
- Detach the license file from the email and save it where you can locate it easily.
- Unzip the compressed license file and save it where you can locate it easily.
To install the license file with the License Wizard
- On the computer to which you are installing the license, start Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Licenses\SCS\.
- Double-click the Els_lit.exe file.
- Browse to the license file that you saved earlier, and then click Install.
For complete implementation instructions, download the Content Licensing Guide. This is also available as the file Sbetlic.pdf in the Docs folder on the CD. You can also find specific information for all Symantec Enterprise products in the document Licensing Symantec Enterprise products.
Introduction to Symantec Client Security Small Business Edition 1.1 Content Licensing
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH100383