How to determine whether Symantec Client Security 2.x or Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.x requires a license
|Article:TECH100845|||||Created: 2004-01-12|||||Updated: 2006-01-08|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH100845|
Depending on how they are purchased, Symantec Client Security and Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition may include electronic licensing (the Business Pack version) or they may have no licensing included. You want to know whether the licensed or unlicensed version is installed on your computer.
For either Symantec Client Security or Symantec AntiVirus, you can determine whether the version is licensed by looking in Symantec AntiVirus.
To check for licensing in Symantec AntiVirus
- Start Symantec AntiVirus.
- In the tree pane, expand View.
- Look at the menu that appears.
- If the License option appears, it is Symantec AntiVirus Business Pack, and it has licensing.
- If the License option does not appear, it is Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition without licensing.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH100845