Windows Security Center displays an alert icon in the notification area of the taskbar
|Article:TECH100932|||||Created: 2004-01-10|||||Updated: 2005-01-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH100932|
This document explains why the Windows® Security Center may display an alert icon (a white "X" on a red shield) in the Windows notification area and provides troubleshooting documents to help solve the problem.
Read the documents in the section for your product that best describes your situation.
Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition
Symantec AntiVirus is not installed or the Windows Security Center does not recognize the version of Symantec AntiVirus that is installed
- How to determine whether Symantec Client Security 2.x or Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.x requires a license.
- Installation and configuration articles for Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.x and Symantec Client Security 2.x
Symantec AntiVirus is installed, but the virus definitions are out of date
- Updating virus definitions for Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.x and Symantec Client Security 3.0.
- Updating virus definitions for Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 8.x and 9.x
- How to update virus definitions for Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition
Symantec AntiVirus is installed, but Auto-Protect or RealTime Protection is disabled
- "Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition File System RealTime Protection is Disabled" appears above the Systray at startup
- How to determine if virus definitions used by Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition are corrupted
- How to determine if virus definitions used by Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition are corrupted
- How to manually repair or backdate virus definitions for Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition
- How to backdate the Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7 virus definitions manually
The Symantec AntiVirus or Norton AntiVirus service is not started
To make sure that the Symantec AntiVirus or Norton AntiVirus services are started, in the Services window, if any of the following services are displayed, make sure that the service is started and set to a Startup type of Automatic:
- Symantec AntiVirus Client
- Norton AntiVirus Client
- Symantec AntiVirus Server
- Norton AntiVirus Server
- Symantec AntiVirus
Symantec AntiVirus is installed but RealTime protection is disabled and definitions are out of date "Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition File See "System RealTime Protection is Disabled" appears above the Systray at startup
Symantec Client Security or Symantec Client Firewall
Symantec Client Firewall is not installed, or the Windows Security Console does not recognize the version of Symantec Client Security that is installed
- How to determine which version of Symantec Client Firewall you installed
- Upgrading to Symantec Client Security 2.0
Symantec Client Firewall is not enabled
- How to enable or disable Symantec Client Firewall 5.0
- Symantec Client Firewall 5.x starts disabled and cannot be enabled
If none of the above works
In some cases, Symantec AntiVirus or Symantec Client Security may need to be uninstalled and reinstalled. If you cannot uninstall using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, read the document Manual uninstallation documents for Symantec Client Security products to find manual removal directions for your Symantec product.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH100932