Error: "Symantec AntiVirus communications layer failed to initialize. Remote manageability has been disabled. An error occurred while initializing SSL-based communication. Error code: 0x20000022."
|Article:TECH101481|||||Created: 2005-01-15|||||Updated: 2010-11-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH101481|
You install Symantec AntiVirus 10.x on a computer that runs Windows, and you make the computer a primary server. Then you install Symantec AntiVirus 10.x on a computer that runs NetWare, and you make the computer a secondary server. The NetWare computer does not appear in Symantec System Center. You see the following error message in the Logfile on the NetWare computer:
"Symantec AntiVirus communications layer failed to initialize. Remote manageability has been disabled. An error occurred while initializing SSL-based communication. Error code: 0x20000022."
Before you begin: If you recently applied NetWare 5.1 Support Pack 5 or NetWare 6 Support Pack 2, first try the solution in the following document:
You cannot configure NetWare servers from the SSC after applying the NetWare Support Pack.
To enable name resolution
- On the NetWare server, open the host file.
The default location is SYS:ETC\hosts.
- In the Hosts file, under the last entry, type the IP address, the FQDN, and the computer name of the NetWare server if they are not present.
- On a new line, type the IP address, the FQDN, and the computer name of the primary server.
- On a new line, type the IP address, the FQDN, and the computer name of the computer than runs Symantec System Center.
In the following example, the NetWare server has an IP address of 10.0.0.10, an FQDN of mynetware.test.com and a computer name of mynetware.
10.0.0.10 mynetware.test.com mynetware
10.0.0.11 savserver.test.com savserver
10.0.0.12 ssccomp.test.com sscomp
- On the File menu, click Save, and then close the Hosts file.
- Remove Symantec AntiVirus, and then reinstall it.
To remove and reinstall Symantec AntiVirus
- Follow the directions in the document Manually uninstalling Symantec AntiVirus 10.1/10.0 server and AMS from NetWare.
- Restart the computer.
- Unload the following NLMs if they are present:
- Aio.nlm (PowerChute Battery Backup)
- Ofa.nlm (Open File Agent)
- Ofm.nlm (Open File Manager)
- Install Symantec AntiVirus into NDS, and create a new server group during the installation.
For directions, read How to "walk the tree" when installing Symantec AntiVirus to NetWare servers.
- Make the computer a primary server.
- If you unloaded Aio.nlm, Ofa.nlm, and Ofm.nlm in step 3, load them.
- In Symantec System Center, move the NetWare computer to another server group, if applicable.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH101481