Determining whether Symantec Client Security 3.x or Symantec AntiVirus 10.x requires a license
|Article:TECH101552|||||Created: 2005-01-06|||||Updated: 2006-01-02|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH101552|
Symantec Client Security and Symantec AntiVirus may include electronic licensing (the Small Business or Business Pack version), or no licensing may be included. You need to know whether the licensed version or unlicensed version is installed on your computer.
To determine whether your Symantec product is licensed, start Symantec AntiVirus and expand the View tree.
To check for licensing in Symantec AntiVirus
- Start Symantec AntiVirus.
- In the tree pane, expand View.
- Look at the menu that appears.
- If the License option appears, it is Symantec AntiVirus Business Pack, which requires a license.
- If the License option does not appear, it is Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition; it does not require a license.
When you download Symantec AntiVirus and Symantec Client Security from the Symantec FileConnect Web site, the file name indicates whether your product is licensed. The file name of a licensed version contains the words "business_pack." The file name of an unlicensed version contains the word "unlicensed."
All versions of Symantec AntiVirus and Symantec Client Security that are posted to the Platinum Web site are unlicensed.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH101552