Manually uninstalling Symantec AntiVirus for Linux 1.0
|Article:TECH101774|||||Created: 2006-01-28|||||Updated: 2008-01-05|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH101774|
This document describes how to manually uninstall Symantec AntiVirus for Linux 1.0.
This procedure involves the following steps:
- Remove Symantec AntiVirus for Linux from the rpm database.
- Remove the Symantec AntiVirus for Linux files and startup scripts.
- Restart the computer if the SYMEV module or the SYMPAP module is loaded.
To remove Symantec AntiVirus for Linux from the rpm database
At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press Enter:
rpm -ev sav savui savjlu savap
On Ubuntu Linux, or other systems that do not use RPM packages, use the following command instead:
dpkg -r sav savui savjlu savap
To remove the Symantec AntiVirus for Linux files and startup script
- At a command prompt, type each of the following commands, and then press Enter:
rm -f /etc/init.d/autoprotect
rm -f /etc/init.d/symcfgd /etc/init.d/rtvscand
rm -f /etc/ld.so.conf.d/symav.conf
rm -f /etc/symantec/VPREG*.*
rm -rf /etc/symantec/NLS
rm -rf /opt/Symantec/symantec_antivirus
rm -rf /opt/Symantec/autoprotect
rm -rf /root/sav*install.log*
rm -f /var/lock/subsys/symcfgd /var/lock/subsys/rtvscand
rm -rf /var/symantec/Quarantine
rm -rf /var/symantec/Logs
WARNING: Follow the next step only if the conditions that are described in the step are met. These instructions affect files that other Symantec products use. If you delete a file that another Symantec product uses, that product must be removed and installed again.
- If Symantec AntiVirus for Linux is the only Symantec program that is installed, type each of the following commands, and then press Enter:
rm -rf /var/tmp/I2_LDVP.TMP
rm -rf /var/symantec /var/run/symantec
rm -rf /opt/Symantec
rm -f /etc/Symantec.conf
rm -rf /etc/symantec
To confirm whether the SYMEV module or the SYMPAP module is loaded
- At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press Enter:
A list of the files and the folders in the proc folder appears.
If you see the SYMEV file or the SYMAP file, then that module is loaded.
- If the SYMEV module or the SYMPAP module is loaded, restart the computer to finish the removal of Symantec AntiVirus for Linux 1.0.
The Quarantine for Symantec AntiVirus for Linux is located in /var/symantec/Quarantine. You may want to confirm that the Quarantine is empty before you uninstall Symantec AntiVirus for Linux.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH101774