About Symantec AntiVirus 10.2 for Windows Vista
|Article:TECH102012|||||Created: 2006-01-26|||||Updated: 2008-01-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102012|
Symantec AntiVirus for Windows Vista provides protection against viruses and security risks for managed and unmanaged clients that run on Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit editions). Symantec AntiVirus clients that run on Windows Vista behave in generally the same manner as Symantec AntiVirus clients that run on other supported operating systems, such as Windows 2000/XP.
You can perform the following actions from the Symantec AntiVirus for Windows Vista client:
- Establish and enforce AntiVirus security policies
- Retrieve content updates, such as virus and security risk definitions
- Control live viruses
- Configure real-time scanning
- Schedule virus and security risk scans
- Analyze log events
Using Symantec AntiVirus for Windows Vista with Symantec AntiVirus on supported operating systems
Symantec AntiVirus managed clients that run on Windows Vista must be managed by Symantec management components that are installed on supported operating systems. Symantec AntiVirus server, Symantec System Center, and other Symantec management components are not supported on Windows Vista. You can install these components on supported operating systems, such as Windows 2000 or XP. After you install these components, you can use the components to manage your Symantec AntiVirus clients that run on Windows Vista.
About the Symantec AntiVirus 10.2 CD
The Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.2 CD includes the following:
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.2 client for Vista
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.1.6 for Windows 2003/XP/2000 and Netware
- Symantec AntiVirus 1.0.x for Linux
If you do not run Windows Vista and you already run Symantec AntiVirus 10.1.6, you do not need to upgrade.
If you install Symantec AntiVirus 10.2 to a computer that does not run Windows Vista, Symantec AntiVirus 10.1.6 is installed.
- System requirements for Symantec AntiVirus 10.2 client for Windows Vista
- Symantec_AntiVirus_Supplement_WindowsVista (.pdf file)
- Readme.txt file for Symantec AntiVirus 10.2 Client for Windows Vista
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102012