Client cannot configure settings for Network Threat Protection after installing Symantec Endpoint Protection
|Article:TECH102667|||||Created: 2007-01-16|||||Updated: 2008-01-08|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102667|
After installing a managed Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client, you find that the Configure Settings button for Network Threat Protection is not available and you would like to configure settings locally.
By default, the server is given control of this option.
How to allow local client control of settings for Network Threat Protection
- Launch the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM).
- Click the Clients option on the left navigation bar.
- Select Global (or the appropriate Server Group) from the View Clients list.
Note: If you select your Server group, ensure that the Inherit policies and settings from the parent group "Global" is unchecked and the Policy inheritance is OFF.
- Under the Policies tab, expand the Location-specific Settings section.
- Click the Mixed Control link after Client User Interface Control Settings:
The Client User Interface Control Settings for Default dialog box appears.
- Enable either Client Control or Mixed Control.
Note: If you enable the Mixed Control option, click the Customize button and ensure that the Client is enabled for all Network Threat Protection options.
- Click OK to complete the changes. Your will now be able to Configure Settings for Network Threat Protection at the SEP client.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102667