Excluding commercial applications, such as WinVNC, from Proactive Threat Protection in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM)
|Article:TECH102726|||||Created: 2007-01-25|||||Updated: 2008-01-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102726|
You use a commercial application, such as WinVNC, and need to exclude it from being detected as a threat.
WinVNC and/or other commercial applications are being detected as a threat and the detection is logged and a dialog box notifies you of the detection. You want to exclude the commercial application. You have set the exclusion at the client level, but that setting is overwritten when the client heartbeats to the SEPM.
To correct this issue, follow the below steps:
- In the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager select Policies
- Select View Policies
- Double-click AntiVirus and AntiSpyware.
- Double-click the AntiVirus and AntiSpyware policy on the right hand side. This opens a new window.
- Click Proactive Threat Scan
- Select Detecting Commercial Applications
- Set your preferred actions and lock.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102726