How to show or hide the system tray icon on Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 clients
|Article:TECH102884|||||Created: 2007-01-12|||||Updated: 2009-01-08|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102884|
How do you configure the system tray icon to be shown or hidden on Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 11 clients?
The SEP client is running correctly, However the shield icon in the system tray on a SEP 11 client is hidden. Or the icon is shown, but needs to be hidden.
This is determined by a settings in the policy.
To show or hide the system tray icon on SEP client machines:
- Open the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console
- Select the Clients view.
- Under View Clients, select the group for which you would like to hide (or display) the shield icon.
- Select Policies
- Expand Location-specific Settings and select Tasks > Edit settings for Client User Interface Control Settings.
- Click the Customize button for Server control.
- Under the General section, disable (or enable) the Display the notification area icon option and then click OK.
Note: If your Client User Interface Control Settings are set for Mixed Control (step 6 above), you must enable the Server option for the Client User Interface Settings after following the steps above.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102884