How to create a Symantec Endpoint Protection install package that will install to a different drive
|Article:TECH102896|||||Created: 2007-01-13|||||Updated: 2007-01-10|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102896|
You would like to install Symantec Endpoint Protection to a drive other than the default C drive.
To create the install package for installation on a non-default drive, follow the steps below:
- Open the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console.
- Select Admin.
- Click Client Install Settings.
- Click Add Client Install Settings.
- Type in a name for the settings.
- Type in a description (optional).
- Enable the Install to a custom installation folder option.
- Enter the drive and path where you would like to install.
Example: "D:\Program Files\Symantec Endpoint Protection".
- Make any other desired changes in the settings area.
- Click OK to save these Client Install Settings.
- Click Client Install Packages.
- Click Export Client Install Package.
- Under the "Installation Settings and Features" you can select the custom "Client Install Settings" under "Pick the customized installation settings below" drop down menu.
- Complete the remaining items in the "Export Package" screen.
- Click OK to begin creating the package.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102896