Symantec Technical Support has asked for a "DR. Watson" log
|Article:TECH102963|||||Created: 2007-01-21|||||Updated: 2010-12-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102963|
How to enable Dr. Watson logging in Windows XP.
Please review the following Microsoft document for usage details for Dr Watson:
Description of the Dr. Watson for Windows (Drwtsn32.exe) Tool
To enable 'Dr. Watson logging in Windows XP, follow the steps below:
- Click Start > Run
- Type 'drwtsn32'
- You should get a configuration window or a dialogue box that says that Dr. Watson has been enabled.
- If you get the dialogue box, repeat step one and two.
- If the configuration window comes up, proceed to step 4.
- In the proceeding dialogue box note and change the following:
- Note the values for "Log File Path"
- Note the values for "Crash Dump"
These are the locations you will go to when it is time to gather the Dr. Watson data.
- Set "Crash Dump Type:" to "Full"
- In "Options" ensure that the below options are checked:
- "Dump Symbol Table"
- "Dump All Thread Contexts"
- "Append to Existing Log File"
- "Create Crash Dump File"
- Symantec-specific program data as requested by technical support.
- Windows Application and System event logs in .evt format.
- The output from Dr. Watson which can be found in the locations noted in step 4 above.
Contact Symantec Technical Support through your regular support channels.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102963