How to install clients using "Find Unmanaged Computers" in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
|Article:TECH103107|||||Created: 2007-01-15|||||Updated: 2011-01-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH103107|
You would like to know how to install clients using the "Find Unmanaged Computers" tool in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
You need to find unmanaged clients in your environment so Symantec Endpoint Protection can be installed.
To install clients using the "Find Unmanaged Clients" tool in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, follow the below steps:
1. Click the Clients tab in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
2. In the left pane select Find Unmanaged Computers under the Tasks.
3. In the Find Unmanaged Computers window you can search for the clients two different ways:
a. Using an IP address range
b. Using the Computer name
4. Fill in the login credentials for the workgroup or domain to which the clients belong and click Search Now.
5. After the computers have been found in either Unmanaged Computers or Unknown Computers, select the ones that you wish to add.
6. Specify the Client Install Package, Installation Settings, Features, Preferred Mode, and a group to which the computers will belong.
7. Selecting Start Installation to begin the installation process.
Note: Deployment Status only displays whether the push of the installation package was successful. It is not indicative of a successful installation. The newly deployed client should appear shortly in the appropriate group if installation was successful. If the deploy is successful but installation fails, please see the document 'Installation fails when client package is deployed using 'Find Unmanaged Computers' in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) Console'.
Title: 'Installation fails when client package is deployed using 'Find Unmanaged Computers' in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) Console'
Document ID: TECH102342
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH103107