How to configure the LiveUpdate Administration Utility 2.x for Macintosh
|Article:TECH103297|||||Created: 2007-01-30|||||Updated: 2011-06-22|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH103297|
An internal LiveUpdate server is needed to provide definitions for Symantec Antivirus 10 for Macintosh (SAV for Mac). How can the LiveUpdate Administration Utility 2.x for Macintosh (LUAU 2.x for Macintosh) be configured?
Please note: LUAU 2.x is designed to update SAV 10 for Mac and earlier clients. It cannot download and distribute updates for Symantec Endpoint Protection for Macintosh (SEP for Mac).
To configure the LiveUpdate Administration Utility for Macintosh
- In the /Applications/LiveUpdateAdminUtility directory, open the LiveUpdateAdminUtility.command file.
- At the prompt, type the <administrators password> and then press return.
- At the "set preferences" prompt, type y and press Enter.
Note that this option only appears when the utility is run for the first time. You will be led through all of the preference and schedule settings.
These settings can later be viewed and individually reconfigured from the main menu.
- Set the preferences. Help for each preference can be obtained by typing h and Enter at the prompt.
Note: It is recommended for the "Folder where downloaded product files are stored" be changed from the default of /Applications/LiveUpdateAdminUtility/Retrieved Updates to something accessible via HTTP or FTP, depending on how you plan on having your clients retrieve the updates. For example, if your clients will be retrieving updates via HTTP, creating a folder within /Library/Webserver/Documents/ (for example, LiveUpdate) will allow them to get updates via http://server-IP-or-name/LiveUpdate.
- After you have set the initial preferences, type 2 at the main menu and Enter to download the latest LiveUpdate packages.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH103297