The Home, Monitors, and Reports tabs in the Endpoint Protection Manager aren't loading completely - Images and graphs are missing.
|Article:TECH103853|||||Created: 2008-01-05|||||Updated: 2009-01-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH103853|
After installing the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager the Home, Monitors, and Reports tabs do not populate all of the information only headers/dropdowns are present.
No images load on the home page
No graphs load on the home page
The issue is caused by incorrect Internet Configuration Settings for the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager website. There are certain security settings in Internet Explorer that must be enabled for the Home, Monitors, and Reports pages to function correctly.
There are multiple solutions for this issue.
1. Add the Endpoint Protection Manager's website to your Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer. (Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites)
2. Set Custom Level on the Security tab for Internet Explorer under Tools > Internet Options and enable these settings
Enable the following settings when using Internet Explorer 6:
- Under ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe.
- Under Miscellaneous: Submit nonencrypted form data.
- Under Miscellaneous: User data persistence.
- Under Scripting: Active scripting.
Enable the following settings when using Internet Explorer 7:
- Under Miscellaneous: Submit non-encrypted form data.
- Under Scripting: Active Scripting.
- Under Scripting: Allow status bar updates via script.
3. Disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration.
For Windows Server 2003:
- You can disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration from within Add or Remove programs:
- Open the Control Panel
- Open Add or Remove Programs
- Select Add or Remove Windows Components
- From within the list uncheck Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration
- Click Next
- Click Finish
For Windows Server 2008:
- You can disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration from within the Server Manager:
- Open the Server Manager
- Highlight Server Manager in the left-pane at the top
- In the right-pane, under Security Information, click Configure IE ESC
- Turn the Administrators & Users options Off
- Click OK
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH103853