System Requirements page- Cannot select .NET Framework 2.0 as minimum version
|Article:TECH10423|||||Created: 2005-12-28|||||Updated: 2010-02-10|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH10423|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
Users are unable to check for .NET version 3.5 as a minimum requirement on the System Requirements page of Installation Expert.
Wise for Windows Installer 22.214.171.1241
Wise Package Studio 126.96.36.1991
This defect has been fixed in Wise Package Studio 7.0 and Wise Installation Studio 7.0. To resolve this issue in previous versions of Package Studio and Wise for Windows Installer please follow the steps below:
- On the System Requirements page, double-click on the .NET Framework requirement. The Minimum System Requirements dialog appears.
- Select any version of .NET and configure the message as if you selected version 3.5.
- Go to Setup Editor > Tables and select the LaunchCondition table.
- Change the Condition column to DOTNETV3.5.
- Go to MSI Script > User Interface and rename the WiseGetDotNetVersion custom action to WiseGetDotNetVersion2. This can be renamed to another name; however, if it is not renamed, the custom action will be removed from the script next time the System Requirements page is accessed and the Launch Condition will not work.
- Save the .WSI.
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH10423