Error HTTP 403.4 Forbidden: SSL is required to view this resource
|Article:TECH104371|||||Created: 2008-01-07|||||Updated: 2008-01-10|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104371|
An error "403.4 Forbidden: SSL is required to view this resource" even though Require Secure Channel (SSL) was not configured.
1. Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service is failing continuously and the scm-server-0.log displays HTTP 403 errors. The IIS logs also report "403 4" errors.
2. After running the Sylink Watcher or Sylink Monitor tools the error 403 is displayed in the Logs and the IIS logs report "403 4"errors.
The following could be the possible reasons for error HTTP 403.4, 1. It is possible that the Web site configuration has been altered to require SSL, although no certificate has been associated with the Web site. 2. You have installed Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager under the default website which was configured to use SSL 3. You have installed Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager under the default website which also host website for Exchange Server web access that requires SSL
Remove SSL from a Web site by using IIS Manager
- 1. Click on Start >> Run >> type inetmgr
2. Click on + sign in front of Server name to expand.
3. Click on + sign in front of Web Sites to expand.
4. Right-click on Default Web Site and then click Properties.
5. On the Directory Security tab, in the Secure Communications area, click Edit.
6. Clear the Require Secure Channel (SSL) check box, and then click OK.
7. Repeat the Steps 5 & 6 for Content Folder
8. Repeat the Steps 5 & 6 for Reporting Folder
9. Repeat the Steps 5 & 6 for secars Folder
10. Repeat the Steps 5 & 6 for secreg Folder
11. Click Start, click Run, type iisreset, and then click OK
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104371