Wireless Agents Are Unable To Connect To The LAN.
|Article:TECH104416|||||Created: 2008-01-18|||||Updated: 2008-01-22|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104416|
Verify that a 'Wireless EAPOL' rule has been added to the firewall to explicitly allow wireless communication.
1. Log into the Policy Manager console and click on the 'Policies' tab.
2. In the left-pane expand 'Firewall Policies' and edit the appropriate firewall policy.
3. In the 'Firewall Policy Setting - Policy Library' window, click 'Add Blank Rule'.
4. Double-click the 'Name' column and add a name (i.e, Allow Wireless EAPOL).
5. Double-click the 'Service' column and click 'Add'.
6. In the 'Protocol' box choose 'Ethernet'.
7. Click the drop-down next to 'Protocol Type' and choose 'EAPoL (0x888E). Leave 'Protocol Dirction' as 'Both'.
8. Click 'OK', then 'OK', then make sure the rule is enabled and click 'OK' again.
Wireless communications should return. If not, please contact Symantec Enterprise Support to continue troubleshooting.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104416