Making a report in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager that will show client names, IP address, and Client Versions.
|Article:TECH104852|||||Created: 2008-01-05|||||Updated: 2011-06-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104852|
When you run a report or use the monitor tool in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) you are not able to see items like: client name, IP address or, version information all on one report for more than one Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client at a time.
To look at all data for all clients follow these steps:
- In the SEPM, click Monitors > Logs.
- For Log type: select Computer Status.
- Click the View Log button.
- Click the Export link at the top of the page. This will open a page of text in a web browser.
Note: you must follow step 4 to see all available information.
- In the web browser window, click File > Save As... and save it as a text file.
You can view the raw logs in this text file. However, since it contains comma delimited values, it is easy to import into a spreadsheet program, like Microsoft Excel. Simply change the extension on the file from .txt to .csv, then open it with a spreadsheet program.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104852