Use dbvalidator to diagnose Endpoint Protection Manager database issues
|Article:TECH104892|||||Created: 2008-01-08|||||Updated: 2015-02-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104892|
You want to know how to find and use dbvalidator, the database validation tool to diagnose database issues in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM).
Where to find dbvalidator
The batch file, "dbvalidator.bat", is located by default in the following location:
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Tools
- Click Start > Run
- Type CMD
- Click OK.
- Change directory to your tools installation folder by typing:
cd C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Tools
- Type of the following command to run the batch file:
The tool will create a log file which is, by default, located at C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\logs\dbvalidator.log
One of the following messages is displayed at the command prompt dependent upon whether or not the database has passed validation:
- If the database is valid, you will see the message, "Database validation passed."
- If the database is invalid, you will see the message, "Database validation failed. Please check the log file for more details."
- If an error occurs, you will see the message, "Some error occurred. Please check the log file for more details."
If database validation fails, you will either need to restore from a known good database backup, or uninstall the manager, remove the database during uninstall process, then reinstall the management console, creating a new database.
To reconnect existing Symantec Endpoint Protection clients to the new management console, please see Disaster recovery best practices for Symantec Endpoint Protection and follow the instructions for disaster recovery without a database backup. Alternately, contact Support to obtain the appropriate SylinkReplacer tool for the version of SEP that is running in the environment.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104892