How to use the TestSec Utility
|Article:TECH105027|||||Created: 2008-01-30|||||Updated: 2010-01-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH105027|
You would like to know how to use the TestSec utility.
The TestSec utility is used to test permissions related to Symantec Antivirus and Symantec Endpoint Protection products.
To obtain TestSEC, please contact Symantec Technical support.
Once the utility has been obtained, please follow these instructions:
Note: The zip file is password protected. To unzip the file, use the following password: symantec
- Extract the file to a new folder in a convenient location, such as the Desktop, using the unzip password provided above.
- Execute the utility by double clicking SymTestSecNew.bat
- A log file named “Computername_TestSec.htm” will be created in the same folder that the utility was run from.
- Open the log file to view detailed information about the test results.
- For BEST results, read the Readme.doc file.
If the TestSec log file indicates a permissions problem or an access error in DCOM, please use the steps in the following document to troubleshoot the issue:
Title: 'Troubleshooting Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition installations: Checking rights and permissions'
Document ID: 2002103013521548
> Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2002103013521548?Open&seg=ent
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH105027